H2S Awareness Training
ASHE Institute is an accredited organisation to IADC (USA) for its Rigpass, only provider in Kerala.
H2S Awareness training is four-hour Basic H2S Training course conducted and certified by ASHEI. Aimed at all personnel who risk exposure to hydrogen sulphide contamination at work. The training covers the detection and measurement of the flammable gas, plus the correct emergency response to an H2S leak. Basic H2S Training certification should be revalidated every two years.
This training helps fulfill the training requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and 1926, ANSI Z390.1, Accepted Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Training Programs, and other regulatory standards.
The course includes theoretical input, demonstrations and practical exercises coupled with a written examination for delegates to demonstrate an acceptable level of competence.
The syllabus focuses on:
• Actions to be taken in the event of an alarm
• Common definitions: PPM, WEL
• How H2S is detected and the use of onsite and personnel detection equipment
• H2S gas, it’s common name where it can be ordinarily found
• Measurement and the WEL of H2S
• Physical properties and characteristics of H2S
• Physiological effects of exposure to H2S
• Role of the emergency response teams in an H2S emergency
• Types of respiratory equipment available including escape breathing apparatus and self-contained breathing apparatus
• Importance of a correct facemask fit
Course Duration : 4 hours
Prerequisites : None.
Target Audience : This course is intended for personnel working in an environment that could become contaminated by H2S gas.
Certification : ASHEI – approved certification will be issued on successful completion of the course.
Revalidation : Every two years
Items to bring : Photographic ID
For further details call on : 9447609617, 8606108000