NEBOSH IGC - Elearning
- Course Access: 1 year
- Study Hours: 65 hours + 40 hours self study
- Average Completion Time: 6-12 months
- Entry Requirements: Good English / IELTS 6
- Examination : 1 written (with Closing Interview) + 1 project
- Further progression: IDIP OSH membership and recognition: Tech IOSH, AIOSH, IIRSM
Internationally valid NEBOSH certifications to practice and communicate effective health and safety culture.
NEBOSH E Learning
Aim and Objective:
This qualification focuses on international standards and management systems, enabling candidates to effectively discharge workplace health and safety responsibilities in any employment sector, in all parts of the world.
Key concepts covered include:
The qualification looks at general workplace issues and can be applied in many sectors. On completion of the qualification, your learners will be able to:
- Justify the need for health and safety improvements;
- Advise on the main duties for health and safety in the workplace;
- Help their organization to manage contractors;
- Work within a health and safety management system;
- Positively influence health and safety culture and behaviour;
- Carry out a general risk assessment (using a 5-step approach) of their workplace;
- Recognize workplace changes and their impacts and understand how to minimize these impacts;
- develop basic safe systems of work that include emergency arrangements and know when to use a permit-to-work system;
- take part in incident investigations; and
- help their employer check the effectiveness of the health and safety management systems through monitoring auditing and review.
Managers, supervisors and employees based outside the U.K. who require a broad knowledge and understanding of health and safety principles and practices. The NEBOSH International General Certificate is also suitable for those embarking on a career in health and safety. *Access to Learning Management system for 1 year and can be extended if required with additional fee.
Unit IG1: Management of international health and safety
Examination: Open Book Examination with online interview.
Element 1: Why we should manage workplace health & Safety
Element 2: How health and safety management system work and what they look like
Element 3: Managing Risk – understanding people and processes
Element 4: Health and safety monitoring and measuring
Unit IG2: Risk Assessment
Examination: 3 Hours Practical Assessment
Element 1: Physical and psychological health
Eement 2: Musculo-skeletal health
Element 3: Chemical and biological agents
Element 4: General Workplace issues
Element 5: Work equipment
Element 6: Fire
Element 7: Electricity