H2S Awareness & BA Training
H2S Awareness training is four-hour Basic H2S Training course conducted and certified by ASHEI. Aimed at all personnel who risk exposure to hydrogen sulphide contamination at work. The training covers the detection and measurement of the flammable gas, plus the correct emergency response to an H2S leak. Basic H2S Training certification should be revalidated every two years.
This training helps fulfill the training requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910 and 1926, ANSI Z390.1, Accepted Practices for Hydrogen Sulfide (H2S) Training Programs, and other regulatory standards.
- Actions to be taken in the event of an alarm
- Common definitions: PPM, WEL
- How H2S is detected and the use of onsite and personnel detection equipment
- H2S gas, it’s common name where it can be ordinarily found
- Measurement and the WEL of H2S
- Physical properties and characteristics of H2S
- Physiological effects of exposure to H2S
- Role of the emergency response teams in an H2S emergency
- Types of respiratory equipment available including escape breathing apparatus and self-contained breathing apparatus
- Importance of a correct facemask fit
H2S Awareness training is required for anyone working in the oilfield or petrochemical industry. Hydrogen Sulfide training is required for all workers involved in oil exploration, drilling production, refining, and pipelines. In order to work safely around hydrogen sulfide, you must be aware of its properties and characteristics. This H2S training program teaches how to recognize when Hydrogen Sulfide is present in the work area and take necessary precautions to work with Hydrogen Sulfide safely. This H2S Training helps fulfill the requirements of ANSI Z390.1 and other regulatory standards. This employee safety program uses comprehensive online exams assure mastery of all safety concepts in this H2S course. It is not designed for Canadian H2S