Crush points exist when two objects move toward each other, or when one object moves toward a stationary object.
Types of machinery
- Reciprocating mechanisms, e.g. grain cleaners, box fillers, hop presses, baler needles
- Hydraulically raised equipment, e.g. trailers and rear doors, telescopic handler booms, combine headers
- Trailed machines with drawbars, e.g. trailers, balers, manure spreaders
- Linkage mounted machinery stability, e.g. post drivers, sprayers, fertiliser spreaders,Operator errors
- Reaching into or entering crush areas with the machine operating
- Incorrectly hitching tractors to implements and trailers
- Failing to support machinery during repairs or maintenance Design points
- Protect crush points so that workers cannot get their arms or hands trapped. This involves allowing adequate clearance around the moving parts.
- Prevent access to crushing points using fixed guards or interlocked
- Provide check valves and mechanical supports for hydraulic equipment that are easy to use from outside the danger area
- Ensure drawbar jacks and stands can support the machine in all conditions of use.
- Provide stabilisers for unbalanced machines when they are de-mounted.
- Removable devices should be stored on the machine in a safely accessible place when they are not needed.
safety diploma in kochi
Instructions for using this type of machinery must include clear guidance on:
- Safe maintenance
- Relevant training